I thought it was going to be a moisturizer i could use on my skin alone but that wasn’t the case after i applied it all over my body for the first time, it’s actually really light on my skin but with a sheer finish and So I’ve been using it daily since then as an additive to my body cream and alone as a hair cream. It came cold compressed so i had to melt the quantity i needed on my palms before each application but with time when the house heaters were switched on, it became semi-liquid, so i’m really careful when taking the quantity i need so as not to over-oil my skin. Another great thing about unrefined coconut is that they can be used to cook..I haven’t cooked with it but i have tasted it and it tasted just like a pure coconut extract (Just so you know, High consumption of coconut oil is bad for the health because of its high saturated fat). Coconut oil can last up to 2 years without spoiling too
According to the company, these are it’s key features:
They also added that:
- For dry skin, it’s good as an additive to your cream/lotion/moisturizer though it absorbs really fast, you can still see the glow all day on your skin. i don’t know how it will turn out on an oily skin because i have dry skin but i believe it would be ok too as it absorbs fast.
- I wouln’t advise those with sensitive faces to try it on their faces. I had a few break outs on my cheeks when i tried it on my face so i stuck to using it only on the rest of my body but once in a while to wipe make up under my eyes with a cotton bud (be careful while doing that so it doesn’t get in your eyes).
- It cleared up lots of blemishes on my body especially on my legs, i had these tiny dark spots on my legs that looked like oversized pores, they were barely noticeable but still i’m glad they cleared up. I’m a bit obsessed with clear skin so i always try to keep my skin clear 🙂 I always notice the tiniest mark on my skin even when no one else can see them..Anyways, it has improved my skin’s tone and texture.
- It evens out skin tone and gives your skin a more lustrous look.
- It has also helped my scalp and improved my hair’s texture..I combined it with argan oil products (will review them later) when i used it on my natural hair alone so i can’t really tell it’s major effects for now. But with my weaves on, besides the nourished look it gives my hair, it keeps my hair itch-free too. I usually blow dry my hair after applying it. One of the major effects of coconut oil on hair is prevention of protein loss.
Here are more types i’ve discovered since i bought mine.
What’s your favorite organic product at the moment, share with us in the comments box..
Have a lovely week ahead