Apple cider vinegar is one product that everyone needs because of it’s versatility. It can be used for a lot of things ranging from healthy drinks, skincare (Read: Uses of low ph in skincare) to hair care. This is the reason I’m sharing how to make apple cider vinegar at home.
I only started paying attention to uses of apple cider vinegar in 2016 after seeing my sister-in-law use it to mix her homemade drinks and teas. She’s on ketogenic diet so there’s always a concoction to drink. Subsequently, she started using homemade apple cider vinegar with the mother.
After watching her prepare Apple cider vinegar with the mother at home, I decided to take photos while she was preparing it subsequently. I was taking photos while she explained the process to me.
Apple cider vinegar with the mother can be really expensive to buy especially if you’re using it for healthy drinks, skincare and hair care. Now, you can spend less by using DIY Apple cider vinegar. Here’s how to make apple cider vinegar at home with mother.
What You Need To Make Apple Cider Vinegar At Home With The MotherYou need apples, white sugar and glass jars to make apple cider vinegar at home. Here's how 👇🏿 Click To Tweet
- Red apples (preferred).
- White sugar or Cane sugar.
- Clean glass jar(s).
- Cheese cloth or equivalent breathable fabric like white cotton handkerchief.
- Wooden spatula and band (rubber band will do).
How To Make Apple Cider Vinegar At Home With The MotherMake your #applecidervinegar with the mother at home using these 8 easy steps. #diy Click To Tweet
- Wash and cut your apples into bits without removing anything.
- Put your cut apples into your glass jar leaving space at the top to enable turning of the apples.
- Mix a tablespoon of white sugar with distilled water and pour into your glass jar.
- Fill up the glass jars with distilled water, enough to cover the apples inside.
- Cover the top of your glass jar with the cheese cloth and band.
- Store the glass jar in a cool, dry and dark shelf and stir the apples with the wooden spatula daily.
- Remove the cut apples after 14 days and keep stirring the remaining content for another 3 – 4 weeks or longer.
- After this time, your homemade apple cider vinegar with mother will be ready for use. You can then transfer it into your old empty apple cider bottle or any air tight bottle.
Items Used For This DIY Apple Cider Vinegar In Abuja
- 1000 naira worth of red apples.
- 200 naira white cotton handkerchiefs (100 naira each)
- 2 washed empty Bama mayonnaise glass jars.
- Granulated white sugar
- Rubber band (a big pack of rubber bands costs about 400 – 500 naira).
As you can see from the breakdown above, the cost of making apple cider at home is so much cheaper than buying from a store. Despite apples being expensive in Nigeria, you will save money by making your apple cider at home.This is how to make apple cider vinegar with the mother right in your kitchen. #diy #tips Click To Tweet
I had a hard time photographing and editing this photos because of poor lighting. Hopefully, they’re enough to teach you how to make apple cider vinegar at home.
This DIY apple cider vinegar with the mother is easy to prepare but time consuming. It can be done in any part of the world but you’ll need patience and time to prepare it.
If you have been buying apple cider vinegar like the popular Bragg Apple cider with the mother from a store (available online in Nigeria on popular Konga and Jumia), you can start your DIY method weeks before it finishes. After reading this post on how to make apple cider vinegar at home, you have no more excuses.Save money with this #DIY method of making apple cider vinegar with mother at home. Click To Tweet
I would love to hear how this DIY tutorial worked for you. So, return and share your experience with us in the comments. Feel free to ask questions regarding how to make apple cider vinegar at home in the comments too.
Thanks for stopping by as always!