Choker necklaces became so popular this year that the likes of Rihanna, Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid and even little North West were all on board. There are a lot of ways to wear a choker necklace but this accessory first came to us centuries ago from the Indians. Ofcourse, they didn’t wear them as jewelry but as a talisman to protect the wearer during a fight.
I doubt anybody feels protected from wearing a choker today but it’s definitely a strong fashion trend. The choker necklace has become this year’s global neck accessory. Below are some of the ways to wear a choker necklace in this century.
7 Ways To Wear A Choker Necklace
- Simple choker: A simple choker made of atlas, silk ribbon or leather will help to highlight a casual look. Without other accessories they might even suit your office dress code. At night, an elegant choker will complete a slip dress or a top with thin shoulder straps. If you want to spice up your look – choose a choker with long ends.
- Tattoo choker: A choker made of black thin plastic wire that looks like a real tattoo. This accessory looks great with an elegant dark color suit or any kind of ethnical dress. There are also tattoo chokers painted in gold or silver, which makes them more universal in style and more delicate.
- Choker with rhinestones: A simple black choker with a stone of any shape might be a good alternative to a thin chain with a small pendant which is always in trend. This choker looks very feminine and can be mixed with an extra-long necklace with a pendant; a combination that goes well with a simple solid colored top.
- Choker with layered pendant: Different materials inspire designers to create not only delicate and elegant chokers, but also to adapt massive necklaces to a new trend. It can be a choker base necklace with multi-layers of pendants in different colors and geometrical shapes or a choker decorated with same size and color elements all around it.
- Metal choker: A choker made of metal has a unique shape that follows the lines of the neckline. It is a minimalistic kind of jewelry that does not go well with any pendants on it or other neck accessories. It looks great with boat or round neck dresses. For chokers with long ends choose a V-shape neckline blouse or a high-stand collar.
- Fringe choker: Fringe has been everywhere this year so, fringe chokers are not an exception. You can mix and match these chokers with a dress without shoulder straps or denim jackets. In the last case you can add a fringe leather purse or peep-toes decorated with textile fringe. There can’t be enough of fringe this season.
- Sterling silver choker – my current project. From ultra thin 2mm gauge delicate chokers to wide 5mm chokers, BeYindi sterling silver chokers are chic and fabulous with highly polished silver.
Whether one of your 7 ways to wear a choker necklace is to look for the popular Rihanna metal choker styles or Kendall Jenner’s choker necklace from KUWTK. I bet you can find one within your budget in your favorite stores.